Gordon’s Admission Committee strives to maintain cultural, ethnic and economic diversity among the student body while enrolling families who understand and embrace the mission of the school.
The Gordon School seeks to enroll students who:
- Demonstrate curiosity, creativity and a commitment to learning
- Share the values necessary for building a strong and diverse community
- Exhibit the ability, or the strong potential, to work at or above grade level across all academic subject areas, including language arts, science and math
- Are engaged learners, thoughtful questioners, and innovative thinkers
- Communicate well with adults and their peers
- Possess an age-appropriate level of social and emotional development
- Exhibit empathy for others and care for the world around them.
The Admission Committee includes members of the faculty, the Admission Director, and the Associate Admission Directors. The decision process is determined by many factors including the academic, social, and emotional development of each student, as well as the dynamics and composition of the class and school.
Should you have any further questions about the admission philosophy or process, please do not hesitate to contact the Admission Team at 401-434-3833 or firstname.lastname@example.org.