Small but mighty track team is third in state
Despite having the smallest team at the Rhode Island state meet today, the Gordon boys finished third overall in the state. They had a number of incredible performances, with:
- The state champion in the 100m
- The state champion in the 80m hurdles
- Third in the state in the 200m and fourth in the 400m
- Third in the state in the 4x100 relay team
- Fifth place in the long jump
- Tenth place in high jump
Meanwhile, on the girls’ side, a seventh grader got her personal best in the 1500 and an eighth grader put in a strong showing in the 80m hurdles.
Congratulations to all the runners, and coaches Angela Flynn and Damon Ray.